Michele Hunter is a lawyer, author, and entrepreneur who is active in her community and has now decided to run for Illinois State Representative in the 54th District. Her life experiences have combined to influence her decision to seek elective office.
Michele grew up in a small town in Iowa spending her formative years working at the family gift shop and coffee café. She learned what it was like to run a small business and the obstacles that government can sometimes place on new businesses. As a lawyer she is trained to be an advocate for her client and as a state representative she will advocate for her constituents.
Michele graduated near the top of her class at the University of Iowa in both her undergrad and law school programs. Out of law school, she embarked on a decade and a half law clerk position with the Second District Appellate Court where attention to detail and analysis are critical skills. Michele plans to bring her experiences in the legal field, and specifically her background in reading and analyzing legislation, to work as a legislator.
In addition to her job as a lawyer, Michele is a published author in her field and has worked for a marketing firm in Chicago. She is a licensed Foster Caregiver and Adoptive Parent approved by the Illinois Department of Children & Family Services. She also has a rescue dog and is a supporter of Bombshell Bullies.
- Property Liability and Insurance Attorney (2016 to Present)
- Appellate Law, Law Clerk – Illinois Second District Appellate Court (2002 – 2016)
- Member of DuPage County Bar Association
- Member of Northwest Suburban Bar Association
- University of Iowa – B.A. Double Major – Political Science & French (Honors & Distinction)
- University of Iowa, College of Law (Top 15% – Special Honors & Distinction)
- One Million Degrees – Coached a Harper scholar (2020 – 2021)
- Committee volunteer for Frontier Days
- American Legion (2021)
- Arlington Heights Welcoming Committee (2 years)
- Licensed Foster Care/Adoptive Parent by Illinois Department of Children & Family Services
- Volunteer for Bombshell Bullies and proud parent of a rescue dog